SPG Invest is committed to running its business in a responsible, environmentally sound and sustainable manner.
We recognise that our supply chain, processes and products have both direct and indirect environmental impacts. We seek to identify these and to find effective ways of eliminating or reducing them. Our aim is to achieve continuous improvement in our environmental performance. Throughout our global operations, we regard compliance with the law as the minimum standard to be achieved and will put in place additional environmental programmes to go beyond compliance where appropriate.
Our environmental objectives have been chosen, and are regularly reviewed, to ensure that our actions effectively implement our environmental policy; they are:
- To ensure that environmental issues are properly assessed and considered when key decisions are taken about supply chains, processes and new product development.
- To establish and measure the significant environmental impacts of our operations, set targets for performance improvements and monitor progress against those targets in areas including but not limited to energy, greenhouse gas emissions, water usage / quality and waste.
- To use energy and natural resources wisely and efficiently, eliminate and minimise waste, and re-use and recycle where practical.
- To make a real and meaningful contribution to mitigating climate change and global water scarcity, by reducing greenhouse gas emissions and water impact across the complete lifecycle of our products and their packaging, reflecting national and international government agendas when setting targets.
- To ensure that employees have a level of knowledge and understanding appropriate to their environmental responsibilities and are aware of actions they can take to reduce their impacts.
- To conduct an annual review, including progress against targets, and to make that review publicly available in our annual Sustainability Report.